The following screens will guide you through the process of entering your school in the Debating SA Schools’ Competition.
Before proceeding, please ensure that you agree to each and all of the following statements:
- Venue availability. The availability of a division at a venue is subject to entry numbers. Debating SA reserves the right to assign a team to another venue to preserve the integrity of the competition. Debating SA will endeavour to contact you if this is the case.
- Team entry fees are $145 per team for Primary, $155 per team for Years 8 and 9 and $165 per team for Year 10/Senior.
- School Registration Fee. Each school will be a charged a $100.00 school registration fee in addition to team fees. This fee will be waived for Host Schools. Host schools also receive a 25% discount on any teams entered.
- Team Entry Fees must be received by Debating SA before the season begins in Term 2. Fees for teams withdrawn after 5pm, Friday 15 March 2019 will not be refunded. In the event that your school has not yet paid the fees for the withdrawn team(s), the fees will still be outstanding. Debating SA reserves the right to refuse participation to teams for which fees have not been paid.
- Student Participation. Entry in the competition is a binding commitment and students should not be absent from a debating event unless they have a legitimate reason. Any student at a participating school that is in the assigned year level or below may debate in place of an absent team member (even debate twice during an evening) to allow the debate to proceed as an official debate. Forfeits should be a last resort.
- Forfeits and Postponements: If a team forfeits, it will incur a forfeit charge of $30 if notice is given at least
24 hours before the debate. Otherwise a $50 Forfeit charge will result. A finals forfeit will incur a charge of $75. Postponements to an unscheduled debating night will incur a postponement charge of $30 for the services of the adjudicator. Postponements to a scheduled debating night will not incur a charge.
- Medallions for Winning and Runner Up Teams: If one or more of a school’s teams is the winning or runner up team for the competition, Debating SA will fund the cost of the gold/silver medallions up to 4 team members per team. The cost of additional medallions per team will be the responsibility of the school (approx. $35 per medallion).