Following the SA Government’s announcement about the lockdown commencing at 6pm this evening for 7 days, we are making some modifications to the season dates.
Our focus and priority is always to provide a safe, enjoyable and in-person experience for students. We are also mindful of the lead time needed for preparing debates.
Please see the changes to the season below:
- The following Round 4 evenings will not go ahead next week:
- Tuesday 27 July at Cabra Dominican College
- Wednesday 28 July at Glenunga International High School
- Thursday 29 July at Nazareth Catholic College
Round 4 for the above teams will take place on dates to be determined, so please keep your speeches and research handy, as they will be useful at a later date to be announced.
- Assuming that the lockdown is lifted after Tuesday 27 July and restrictions allow, we will go ahead with the following Round 4 evenings at this stage but that may change at short notice. Again, even if these evenings are eventually postponed, please keep your speeches as these dates will be rescheduled.
- Tuesday 3 August at Pulteney Grammar School
- Wednesday 4 August at Adelaide High School
- Thursday 5 August at Grange Primary School
We are still considering:
- Whether Round 5 will take place at all, given the timeline with finals.
- Whether to push the finals back or modify the dates to accommodate the changes above, mindful of the timeline for Year 12 students in particular.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.
Please take care of yourselves and we will be in contact as the advice for the coming weeks becomes clearer and new dates are set.